mensk news

May 2, 2009

crashing and smashing success



Last night's Drum Truck was an absolute and total blast. Aside from the long and unmoving line at U-haul there were little to no hitches ...omitting the constantly blaring horn at Tommy's Park when it became stuck. It was a while before we found that perfect combination of punches and curses that would stop its wail. There were cops everywhere we went, but never for us. At Longfellow square a squad car pulled up right behind us. I ran to him waving my permit saying "I bet you wanna talk to me. We DO have a permit." He looked puzzled and said, "What? No, someone got laid out across the street. I'm not here for you." I said "...oh, well... we have a permit." He said "Great, have fun."

click the picture for the first wave of photographs:



the Drummers were:
Mike Cunnane
Jon Donnell
Andrew Fredrick
Elliott Heeschen
Ed Knisely
Ian Riley

Jenn Batchelor drove.

Andrew Lyman was excited.

Thanks to Nick Schroeder and Katie Hatch for water.

Extra thanks to Katie Hatch for homemade oatmeal cinnamon chocolate chip cookies!

Thanks to Diane for letting me make buttons.

Thanks to everyone for being around when this happened!!!

Facebook Photo Album
Vimeo Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

PO BOX 15152
Portland, ME 04112
Webnet by Edsel/ Lepanto Corp